Monday, June 4, 2012

Tool #10 Digital Citizenship


1.  As good digital citizens, students need to know the copyright laws.  They need to be aware of how plagiarism works and the implications of their actions.

Students also need to be aware that what they post today can and will have consequences in the future, both positively and negatively.

I want my students to understand that not everyone has their best interest at heart.  They need to understand how to search and collaborate safely.

2.  I plan on using Atomic Learning to teach my students about copyright laws and the creative commons.

3.  If I were teaching my students about digital citizenship, I would use Atomic Learning's courses on "netiquette," "online harassment" and "avoiding plagiarism."  I would also plan mini-lessons for each of these videos early on in the year to allow students time to process and practice with these important topics.

4.  I would send a letter home to the parents at the beginning of the year explaining what we are doing in class and then post updates on our class blog.  I will would also put the information up on my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment