Monday, June 4, 2012

Tool #3 Video and Image Resources


I use YouTube in my classroom all the time to show various aspects of British literature such as Gothicism, Victorian literature and Modernism.





This is a video of the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter Tea Party.  I had my students view this and the Tim Burton version and compare the two as well as compare them to the elements of Victorian literature.




I have also used Google Images to populate my webpage with pictures that are appropriate for the time period that we are studying.  I want to give my students a visual to go with the information we have gathered on each era.  Below are a few of the images I have used on my website to connect the elements of an era to a visual for the students:






Both YouTube and Google Images are extremely useful in helping students (who are very visual) connect to a time period.


Fair use allows you to quote or use copyrighted material as long as the benefit to society outweighs the cost to the creator.  For teachers, we have a lot of lee-way with copyright because we ARE teaching for the benefit to society.

The senior English team already uses Dropbox.  We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  It allows us to share resources with each other in a quick, easy manner.  We can be at our own computers and up-load the information. 

This summer, I will be teaching summer school.  I can access drop-box from any computer (including my IPad).  This flexibilty makes my life so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment